1970 Triumph GT6 Plus
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Last Update: 05 Mar 2007
Web Page: None
This Car & Owner:
This is Angelo Rigakis. I spoke to you last year about your experiences when ordering parts from Rimmer.
I have done considerable work on restoring the GT6 since we last corresponded. I was hoping you could add me to the registry of GT6 owners on your website (justdrive.ca). The following are the details of what we've done and where we're heading in the future.
- This spring, the body was removed from the frame. The frame was sandblasted and painted.
- The body was re-installed on the frame to allow for rocker and floor replacement.
- All the paint (and of course, filler) was removed from the body. Luckily it has only been worked on once before we got it!
Most of the body panels are in primer.
- The rear quarter-panels were drilled out and removed. I have added a one inch section of metal on the top of the quarters to
give more of a flared appearance (not too radical looking.).
- This year we plan to install the Rover 3.5 litre V8 which I've had for many years.
I've enjoyed your website. The information you have provided about the installation of 5 speed transmission on your car will be of help to me. Thanks very much for all your help. I look forward to actually meeting you one day at one of the local car shows. You are welcome to stop by and see the progress on my car anytime. I live not too far from Wilfrid.
Style: GT Fastback Coupe
Engine: 2L 1988 cc (122 cu. in.)
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Over Drive?
Interior: Colour Here
Purchase Date: DD/MM/YY (25 Dec 2004)