HOME  »  Thursday Night Engine Work  (16 Slides)     [Page 1 of 1] :: Jump To  
  Up one level  
IMG_7280 * Just some nice pictures before we started working on the engine. * 3072 x 2048 * (3.06MB)
IMG_7281 * Clean. * 3072 x 2048 * (2.95MB)
IMG_7282 * So shiney. * 3072 x 2048 * (2.97MB)
IMG_7285 * The underbelly. * 3072 x 2048 * (3.18MB)
  IMG_7280  
  IMG_7281  
  IMG_7282  
  IMG_7285  
IMG_7286 * My balanced crank. * 3072 x 2048 * (3.5MB)
DCP04864 * The flywheel was within .001. Very nice. * 1152 x 864 * (267KB)
DCP04865 * Because this is an early MK1 engine and I'm using my later flywheel, the studs are narrower and require a collar. * 1152 x 864 * (205KB)
DCP04868 * I used 4 conrod locator tubs. And ground them down to size. * 1152 x 864 * (213KB)
  IMG_7286  
  DCP04864  
  DCP04865  
  DCP04868  
DCP04869 * Worked like a charm. * 1152 x 864 * (243KB)
DCP04870 * Stud for the head in place. * 1152 x 864 * (282KB)
DCP04871 * Installing the gasket. * 1152 x 864 * (228KB)
DCP04872 * All good. * 1152 x 864 * (233KB)
  DCP04869  
  DCP04870  
  DCP04871  
  DCP04872  
DCP04873 * The head, we cleaned it down with brake cleaner. * 1152 x 864 * (236KB)
DCP04874 * Nice block eh. * 1152 x 864 * (258KB)
DCP04875 * We had some drama, 2 smaller studs had to be replaced. * 1152 x 864 * (250KB)
DCP04878 * And the new rocker studs would not fit, I used the old ones. Cleaned them up before installing. All the rockers have been adjusted. * 1152 x 864 * (279KB)
  DCP04873  
  DCP04874  
  DCP04875  
  DCP04878  
Album last updated on Nov 17, 2005 - 11:21 PM
Powered by JAlbum 6.0 and BluPlusPlus skin